Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Heavenly Muse





So where the hell have I been? I've been surviving. I left a relationship four months ago to take control of my own life. Years of being controlled and told what to do and who to talk to had left me a shell of who I imagined I would be at 17. I realized that I had given up on living and had ceased to fight for me. I went with the flow. I was alive but I was not living.

17 years after I had started sleepwalking through life I suddenly woke up. I wanted my freedom. I wanted to live. So I left. Once I left I sank myself financially. I had two little ones who needed daycare and my salary had not suddenly increased. The fear, the worry, the stress... it all took its toll.

I went from being a prolific writer who previously saw positivity in the dark to being unable to articulate myself and seeing life as pointless while my new found sunshine and light blinded my eyes. I wasn't able to write.

I slept with my muse. I kissed it daily. I held it and caressed it. Everyday I pledged my love to it but my muse failed me. As I desperately clung to it trying to get back my inspiration I found myself farther and farther away from who I once was and the work I was once able to create. I was abandoned by my heavenly muse. Everyday we made love and everyday I was left alone. It was slowly killing the spirit within me.

One day I realized that my heavenly muse could only do so much. There were only so many ways to save the drowning. I had to save myself ...again. So I have found my voice again and found me. I have discovered that I'm ready to write again. I have been kissed by my muse and I am inspired.

So.... to put it another way .... I'm baaaaaaaaack!

5 comments:

  1. you dont know the smiles i got when i saw you today...welcome back...you have been through a journey...and i look forward to seeing where you go from here...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For months you were such a part of the circle and circles of friends that when you disappeared it was like losing a loved one. Unanswered E-Mails and brief glimpses of your life indicated that you needed to deal with this in your own way. Just because I didn't bug you incessantly didn't mean that you were not on my mind. So if your writing Muse is back, you will find that there is a new and excitng group of talent that frequents and visits the old haunts. There are enough writing and poetry forums around that you will find it FUN to be back. Welcome back baby, hope to see you Friday...YAY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we need a period of germination before we can peek above the earth holding us. You will be blessed with fertility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((HUGS)) I can't imagine the difficult journey you have been on, but you have been missed! Thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete