Frustrated at inexcusable behavior and angry looks the mom said, "That's it young lady. You are going in time out." "No!", screamed the almost three year old. "You bad! You go time out!" Fighting a smile the mom kept a straight face. You had to admire her fighting spirit even if her behavior was awful.
Flash Fiction Friday is hosted by
g-man.
55 Flash Fiction Friday: Time Out
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love it when they try to turn it around on you? :)
ReplyDeleteOh they love to test boundaries, don't they. Great one. Thanks for the comment on my 55. Showed up three times...weird, eh?
ReplyDeleteYep, anytime my kid's been a handful, I've ALWAYS been the problem. Seriously!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of which, "I believe the children are the future, teach them well and help them lead the way, etc. etc. forever."
xo
Titanium -I do love it. Sometimes I crack a smile at her antics. Other times she's lucky to make it to three. This Sunday will mark three years of her terrorizing me ... I mean filling my life with joy. Yeah... that's what I meant. ;)
ReplyDeleteMonkey Man -Truly weird. I hope you cleaned up my mess. This one loves to test boundaries. She's not a push over.
Jannie Funster -I am the problem. She wasn't far off the mark. Sometimes I do need a time out. :) Great advice.
ReplyDeleteParenting is not for the faint hearted. I agree I need them.
ReplyDeleteGotta love our kids they make us better people
Changing Tide here
Moon Smiles
Moondustwriter- I certainly hope that's true. Thanks for stopping by :)
ReplyDeleteWell?
ReplyDeleteDid you take your time out?
Excellent 55 My Dear..
Ya gotta love a Childs inspiration.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End.
I have a daughter just about the same age - just about the same attitude... Great isn't it?
ReplyDeletelol. i think i got put in time out a time or two by my boys...perhaps we should both go is my usual answer...and i dont mind the time...smiles. nice 55.
ReplyDeleteStrong-willed is what comes to mind with this 55. That was my daughter through and through. She still is many years later and I love her as dearly now as then. Keeping her in time-out was a challenge. :)
ReplyDeletePG
vivid portrayal of bad parenting...
ReplyDeleteI enjoy it,
it reminds people how to behave in front of kids.
G-Man -I'm too stubborn to go in time out. Where do you think she got her attitude from? ;)
ReplyDeleteStan Ski -It really is :)
Brian Miller -Nice answer. Hope your computer gets fixed soon. I agree last week's Song Saturday never built up. It's used in a PBS commercial and I like how they mixed it even if the original is disappointing.
Prayer Girl -Mine has started laughing at me. I think she's in charge. LOL
Jingle -Bad parenting?! I resemble that comment. LOL Thanks for stopping by :)
ReplyDeleteAwww. That's sweet. But I don't think I'd have handled it so well.
ReplyDeleteMy youngest is 9 and I'm extremely relieved she is past that stage, not looking forward to the teenage years either. Right now she is still sweet and adorable. Thanks you for visiting my 55,
ReplyDeleteand commenting. Happy weekend.
Eaton. :))
Oh how quickly children learn from their parents. :) Very well done my friend. Have a wonderful Friday :)
ReplyDeleteOh yes - I think I have seen these people out and about here in Yorkshire, UK, my they travel! lol!
ReplyDeleteBring a fork over to my 55!
You gotta love a spirited child. Ask me, I've got one.
ReplyDeleteNice 55
The child with a 2nd point of view! Quite a challenge! Raw reality in this 55!
ReplyDeletei have two girls 3 and 4 years old, i sooo know what you mean!!
ReplyDeleteMy toddling godson is the same way with his mom. They are fearless and hysterically literal. I've sat with his mom laughing in secret many times. It's a beautiful thing.
ReplyDeletehehe - makes me wonder what that child will be like 10 years down the road...
ReplyDeleteGood one!
(Wonder where she gets it from?) Delightful 55!
ReplyDeleteSuch spunk and spirit at three. You hope they will always have it, especially when they need it to see them through adversity.
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, I had one of those. Fought me on everything. You know what? She grew into the most determined fighter of them all.
ReplyDeletePersonally, I would love to be the one that gets to go to time out!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah! And I'd take that time-out and double it.
ReplyDeleteOh, I think I am living this! My little one just turned 3 on Thursday so I know what you're talking about.
ReplyDeleteGuess what? I give myself a time-out every now and then...usually there is a glass of wine and some bubble bath involved, though! We *all* feel better for it in my house, when I do! :)
Nice 55!
-C
That sounds like the attitude I get daily, and I teach junior high! Way too realistic because I'm evidentially the cause of all my students' behaviors!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Oh yes, I remember my sons and their strong will, now they are older and still strong willed,sigh but they turned out to be solid young men you can trust to be honest and ethical.
ReplyDeleteLove your 55er,
Joanny
heheh.. tackling kids is an art, AND a science I suppose!!
ReplyDeleteWell depicted!! :)
Here I am, better late than never!
ReplyDeleteLOL. Wow, I see kids like this in Wal-Mart all the time. :)
Which is partly why I don't go to Wal-Mart all that often.
Look at it this way; when she's a teenager you can embarrass her in front of all her boyfriends with stories like this. :)
My Friday 55 was posted here yesterday. I'm just now getting around to visiting everyone. :)