Other than that I'm just a slob. For all intensive purposes I should have been born a man. Yes, I know that's insulting to men. OK, I should have been born a pig... no, that's insulting to pigs too. Anyway, I'm like a bachelor. I hate cleaning, hate organizing and rarely have time for either although I entertain salacious dirty fantasies of being financially sound enough to have a maid service to do this for me.
Lately my OCD has taken a decidedly bad turn. It's becoming a sickness. I'm matching my children. I can't stop buying my daughters matching outfits. No, they are not twins. Chloe is three going on four and Bella is two going on sassy. They don't look particularly alike and certainly do not act alike. Each one is definitely their own person and there is no blurring of my two girls. Despite this fact I keep buying them matching outfits. If I don't put them in the same outfit I then at least try to dress them in coordinating colors. And the shoes... please don't get me started on the shoes. Yes, I've bought them matching shoes and sandals. Yes, I know you just shuddered and started fearing for my mental health and well being. I can't help it. I'm matchy-matchy. I've even got Chloe noticing when things match. Hey... Don't look at me like that. She likes it. I swear! :)
There's just one problem. OK, there's two problems.
PROBLEM #1: Bella's in size 5 toddler shoes. Chloe is in size 10. They stop making toddler shoes after size 10. After looking at Payless I was hit with the horrible realization that soon I won't be able to match their shoes. *sob*
Problem #2: Chloe has started to say, "Noooo! I don't want to match Bella!" Thus far I've quieted this dissension in the ranks but I fear the eventual mutiny on our bounty that will leave my daughters in colors that don't even complement one another. *sob*
I need an intervention. Stat. Could all interested parties show up in matching cars? *snicker*

Yep. I even matched them for Halloween. I'm sick I tell ya! LOL
hehe...there comes that day when they no longer want to match....
ReplyDeleteBrian -I fear that day LOL
ReplyDeleteI'd say we're polar opposites on the cleaning front, but I'm also a teensy bit OCD. My thing isn't soup cans though. I fold towels in a specific way and I also arrange the pillows on my bed in a specific way. Kurt noticed this early on and will go around moving things just to watch me follow him straitening them again. I married my nemeses. :P
ReplyDeleteMoms Journal -I laughed at that last line. That is very funny. :)
ReplyDelete