Monday, August 22, 2011

The Monday Mix: Cranberry Scones




I don't cook. I get distracted easily. I've burned water, walked away and burned instant noodles, and created all sorts of inedible delicacies that get scraped right from the pan to the trash. My children aren't eating though. They've seemingly gone off food. I can get them fast food and Chloe will say she'll eat later and never does. The only thing they are eating with fidelity is string cheese, yogurt, and already sliced apples.

In the interest of getting my kids to eat I figured I'd bake. Now don't get too excited. Notice this is called "The Monday Mix" so of course I bought a box and all I have to do is follow the directions. That shouldn't be so hard, right? Let's look at the pictures and see how successful I was...


So what attracted me to making cranberry scones? The clearance sticker! LOL

The directions said to add softened butter to the dry mix. So I nuked some butter. It still didn't look good so I added margarine. Margarine is already soft right?

Once I added the milk I finally felt that I was going somewhere... but it was so... stiff. Stiff is only good for some things right? *snicker* So I added more milk.



Then Chloe wanted in on the mixing action. It really made her happy.


So... remember when I added more milk than what the box called for? Well, apparently the mix should have been stiff *snicker* so that you could cut the scones into triangles then bake them. Obviously my milk adding enthusiasm ruined that so I kind of glopped them on a greased sheet. Yes, glopped is a word. I deem it so.

The glopping worked! It looks almost edible. Now I know what you are thinking. Please tell us you at least whipped your own cream. *snicker* (I'm sorry I can't help myself) Think again! It's Cool Whip! LOL



Bella looks ... OK, she doesn't look happy. However, she ate it! OK, really she just ate the whipped cream and cried when it was all gone. I ate it though and it was really good. This cooking from a box thing could work.

Tune in next week when I make Fettuccine Alfredo from a packet!!! LOL

3 comments:

  1. What do ya mean your up?
    It's Monday, and this ain't no 55!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. This Monday Mix thing was short lived. So much for continuity.

      Delete